Monday, April 2, 2007

Technology, eh?

Despite how mind-bogglingly useful internet explorer 7 has proven to be at reducing workspace usage, I despise it. Why? Well it turns out that even though it is registered as an update to your current system, you have to uninstall the previous version before it actually works.

How do I know this? I installed it without uninstalling the other version of course. Which meant that I couldn't enter urls in the address bar without a "domain not recognised in active search terms" type error message coming up. After an hour or so of fucking around with the various disk clean-up, defragmentor and Norton scanning systems, noting that I could not restore the system to a previous point, I just uninstalled IE 7 and voila! It all works again. Of course I still can't login to the combine through my laptop for some reason, as I am constantly referred to the guest account login page, but I'm willing to overlook that for the minute.

I am also rapidly losing patience with bebo and its associated services. I am aware of course that the sheer number of members would make reviewing "Feature me" applications a daunting task, but when my brother gets approved before me, it just hits home how annoying the wait actually is. *sigh* Patience is only a virtue when you have time to indulge it, I guess.

Other than that, WF is back online, so thats another bonus, plus I fell for a pretty complex April Fools prank. Of course I still don't think my rediculous open-mindedness and gullibility are weaknesses. Why would I? Everyone knows that you have to tell bad guys the truth after all.

On an aside, I've more or less finished a random conversation that may show up at one point in One More Day, and have begun working on the next random section which involves skirts and infiltrating. I'm still a little annoyed that they can't have squirrel costumes in a medieval setting but I can live with it, I guess.

I'm also a little lost for a plot. I mean, I know where they're going now, and have a certain objective beyond that, but the whole, overarching connection thing is...is...escaping me. Maybe I should ask for advice somewhere...or something... What was I even talking about? Damn tv...ruining my attention plan. The hell is an attention plan? Span! I meant span!

*sigh*

Just another manic tuesday.

Like a fox.

No comments: