Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thinking

I hate being lower than the keyboard. Seriously, the edges of thetable start cutting into my arms and it just puts me off typing. I also hate the fact that to feel vaguely comfortable I have to then lean the chair forwards and risk slipping and breaking the computer. Then theres also the fact that this bloody laptop has one of those touchpads for scrolling which is always on even if I have another mouse plugged in, so if I hit the pad even lightly I end up clicking some random part of the screen and it just...well it's irritating.

Now I've forgotten what I was going to say...erm...bollocks...ah!

A fair few years ago, back when I was somewhere between the ages of five and ten (we'll say seven to keep it nice and simple like) I went to visit my granddad's house with my dad. Now, I remember being fascinated by the funny stick between the two front seats (which I now know is called a hand-brake). Now bear in mind that grandad's house is at the crest of a hill, at the bottom of which is a T-junction to the main road and a stone wall.

So I'd experimented with this stick before, and was unable to make it go down, even though dad was able to press it down easily whenever he started the car. This time, while the car was sitting on this steep slope, and my dad had gotten out to greet grandad, I decided to try out that stick once more. Of course this time I managed to get it to work, resulting in the car rolling forwards down the hill with my dad sprinting down beside the car, shouting something I can't remember. I just reached in and pulled the stick back up again, and the car stopped. Everything after that is a blank but needless to say I left it alone after that.

Still, I don't think it occurred to me then how much danger I was in (it never does, in retrospect), but it's been coming back to me recently, especially at quiet times. I'm not sure why. Maybe its one of those stupid, sorry for yourself or insecurity stories. Meh. I'm just hoping that writing about it will exorcise it. Or something.

I guess this is me.

Like a fox.

No comments: