Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Me+Dessert=Content

Today...

Crap.

I think I had something to complain about earlier on but my quarterly grant payment came through today and...dinner...dessert (chocolate fudge sundae!)...so er yeah, I'm actually feeling pretty content (read: Sleepy) right about now.

Now that I think about it though...damn chocolate (fudge sundae!) messing with my head...aha! Now I remember...

I have this sort of discomfort/guilt thing playing around at the back of my mind. It's probably just one of those emotions my friends warn me about but its irritating all the same. I also believe that the reasons for it are twofold. Allow me to explain.

Firstly, I have the dessert (chocolate fudge sundae!) to thank, because I've been plagued by various messages of chocolate=bad recently (the jury's still out on the fudge, but I reckon I'm safe for now...).

Secondly, there is something I've decided to term, politely strange. I was coming back from the restaraunt (chocolate fudge sundae!), when I spotted an aquaintance crossing the street. I, being on the side they were crossong to, caught said aquaintance's eye and nodded in greeting. I then proceed to walk on, confident that the aquaintance (that's annoying word to type) would catch up. Of course when I decide to look back, the person is actually quite adistance behind me.

Now, here is where the issue starts. The polite part of me said to wait for aquaintance to catch up, to apologise for rushing ahead and to exchange small talk with said person on the walk back. The other part said to keep walking because a)I'd look like an idiot just standing at the side of the road waiting, and b) the conversation would just be awkward because I'm not great friends with said aquaintance anyway.

I kept walking.

So now I feel bad for not apologising and at the same time I know that calling now to apologise for not apologising earlier would seem even stranger. Like I said, I don't know the person all that well. So, yeah...I'm a mess with chocolate on the brain right now.

I'm also seething with well-hidden hatred for wireless signal-router technology.

Go figure.

Like a fox.

2 comments:

Lily said...

Just think of the chocolate. It's a good thing.

Lily aka thenewaustralian

Blackash said...

Heaven knows I'm trying, but the fudge is shaking its head at me.